In low income settings as well as in humanitarian contexts, the scarcity in quality infrastructure, in financial resources, in qualified personnel, together with extreme environmental conditions, create a challenging environment for technologies.
A methodology has been developed to meet these particular needs. It is based on five elements:
- Identification and understanding of needs for essential technologies
- Close collaboration with local partners
- Technology innovations and value chain adapted to the context
- Sustainable solutions through a viable business model
- Large-scale impact via entrepreneurship
Humanitarian Tech Hub
The Hub aims to build upon the approaches already adopted while developing and deploying innovative and appropriate solutions for humanitarian action.
1015 Lausanne (Switzerland)
Office: CM 1368
Contact: essentialtech [at] epfl.ch
Tel: +41 21 693 60 61